Below are the basic instructions for setting up your account for email, shell access, and FTP services. While we do not support the operating system or the software that is used on them, we will be more than happy to assist with any connectivity issues you have using the services we provide. Directly below are the basic settings for email, DNS and server information. You may bookmark this for your reference if you like.
If you need to contact us for general support outside of these areas, please contact us.
- Primary DNS: cartman.siliconco.com
- Primary site: http://bitshiftconsulting.com
- Stats for hosted websites: Delivered by Google Analytics at your request
E-Mail POP3/IMAP Access
If you use an E-Mail client such as Eudora, Entourage, Mail, or Outlook [Express], Use these settings to configure your account.
- Incoming POP3 Server – mailbox.siliconco.com
- Outgoing SMTP Server – mailbox.siliconco.com
- IMAP Server – mailbox.siliconco.com
Use the same information as above for your username and password, however choose IMAP as your account type.
IMAP or POP3? – Which is for me?